|Coalition Of Activity Professionals
There's Hope With COAP!
Please go to our Organizational Structure page to see the list of current Board of Trustees.
ATTENTION ... IF YOU COMPLETED YOUR STATE APPROVED ACTIVITY COURSE BETWEEN 1991 AND 2001, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR NATIONAL CERTIFICATION WITH NCCAP!
NCCAP ADC TRACK 5 JUST COULD BE FOR YOU!
Please drop us an email or call and ask us how.
State Association, Chartered July 23-24, 2004
The Coalition of Activity Professionals North Carolina (COAP-NC) was created by Activity Professionals for Activity Professionals working with older adults in all levels of care.Our primary mission is to bring cost-effective, quality continuing education to activity professionals and certified therapeutic recreation specialists (CTRS).
As Activity Professionals, you now have a choice of state associations.You now have the choice of belonging to one, the other, or both associations. COAP-NC firmly believes you will like our structure, philosophy, openness, format for educational opportunities, and encouragement of your participation as a member.
The Coalition of Acitvity Professionals (COAP) knows that many professionals unfortunately, pay "out of pocket" for conferences and can't afford expensive conferences
or fancy hotels. We continue to be dedicated to bring you the best educational opportunities at the lowest cost, without sacrificing quality.
Why you will want to join COAP-NC!
- Raise standards of performance.
- Help upgrade professional status.
- Keep abreast of new trends in activities.
- To be informed of proposed legislative changes and lobby for changes.
- Exchange ideas, share joys, successes and concerns.
- Receive answers and solutions.
- Receive peer support and recognition.
- Networking with other professionals within your region.
- Form lasting relationships and friendships.
Goals / Objectives for COAP-NC
Sponsor, support and promote appropriate cost effective / quality educational experiences.Website
- Encourage membership to become actively involved in committee work and participate / attend Board meetings and workshops.
- Advocate and lobby for regulatory changes for Activity Professionals working in all levels of care. Issues include: Staffing ratios, certification requirements, basic education and mandatory continuing education.
- Provide a liaison and working relationship with governmental and regulatory agencies as well as professional organizations regarding the promotion and regulation of activity programming.
- Promote public awareness of the scope and realm of the Activity Profession.
The COAP-NC Website, www.COAP-NC.org, is designed to serve as the "information hub" for our association. Our goal is to have the site loaded with information about upcoming regional meetings, conferences, legislative updates, newsletters, job openings, new resources -- you name it! Utilizing the Internet to distribute information will save mailing and printing costs, thus a savings to you, the membership.
Those members without computers can request "hard copies" of information.Links - Related Information
www.NCCAP.ORG - National Certification Council for Activity Professional
You might not be as optimistic as you prefer today, but you still have a strong inner resolve that can pull you through -- no matter what's happening in your life. Things are changing now for reasons that you might not yet comprehend. Consciously let go of whatever is slipping away. Don't fight the process; space is being made for new opportunities that will soon enter your life.